20+ Ways to Increase Website Traffic Quickly And Effectively
Info Terkini | Thursday, 10 Feb 2022, 10:06 WIB
For bloggers, webmasters, website owners or online businesses, they must have done various ways to increase website traffic, right? But in fact your website is still empty of visitors.
Content quality is okay, content updates regularly and consistently have also been carried out. But why the traffic is not increasing? Is your method not quite right?
Actually there is an easy way to increase traffic, namely by placing paid ads. But to advertise you need a lot of money. But don't worry, you can follow our recommendations to increase your website traffic for free and fast.
Website Traffic Is
Before discussing how to effectively increase website visitors, do you know what website traffic is? Website traffic is the number of people or visitors who visit your website.
You could say website traffic or website traffic is the number of visitors received by a website. In addition, traffic also contains information about the duration of the visit, the content viewed by visitors and others.
These data will be recorded by your domain which you can later see. This traffic data is very important to understand the online activity of visitors.
Why Website Traffic MattersThe goal of bloggers, webmasters or website owners of course wants to get high traffic. If your website lacks visitors then the site will sink. You don't want your site to sink, do you?
How to Increase Website Traffic
The more audience or visitors who visit your website, the higher the chance that the website will rank first in the SERP.
Your website can be successful and known to people. Which will affect the site's income and product sales for business people.
Immediately, we see how to increase website visitor traffic for free below:
Non Organic Website Traffic
In the world of blogging, traffic sources are divided into two, namely organic traffic and non-organic traffic. Both are very important for increasing website traffic. Here's how to increase non-organic website traffic that you can try:
1. Join an online communityRecently, many online communities have sprung up where members have the same profession, vision and mission. If you are a blogger then you can join the online blogger community.
Choose a community that matches the site you manage. For example, communities for online SMEs, internet marketers, online businesses and others.
There are many online communities that can be found, ranging from WhatsApp groups , Facebook to Google Community. By joining the community, your relationships will increase. You can get backlinks or promote managed sites.
2. Share articles to various forumsApart from joining online communities, you can also share your content on various forums or question and answer sites.
There are many forum sites or online question and answer sites that are open to anyone who wants to join. For example Yahoo! Answer, Takon, Brainly, Quora, Reddit, Stumbleupon and more.
3. Build relationships with bloggers or influencersThe role of influencersThe role of influencersBlogging may be done alone, but growing a blog cannot be done alone. You must be willing to interact with other bloggers because it can expand your network. Make collaborations with other bloggers or influencers.
Because influencers are now proven to be able to increase the business you build. In this case, it is managing a blog. If the influencer shares a link to your content on social media, it is very likely that your website will be visited by their followers.
4. Use catchy headlinesThe title or headline is the first element that is seen by the reader. Eight out of ten people who surf will read the title first before clicking on the article.
Suppose you have two titles "How to lose weight fast" and "5 Effective Ways to Lose Weight in 7 Days". Which content do you think visitors will click on? Of course the second title is not it?
A good title uses 4 4 U's criteria, namely: Useful, which explains the benefits, Urgency or urgent, Unique, which presents content with a different point of view from competitors and Ultra specific which must be written specifically.
5. Add mediaPeople have been shown to prefer media such as images or videos over writing or text. It must be boring to read articles with such long text?
Readers do not feel at home and immediately leave your website. This is called the bounce rate. This bounce rate is also one of the assessment factors made by Google. A high bounce rate can reduce site ranking and website traffic.
6. Newsjacking or creating trending content
One way to increase site traffic is to follow trends or create content that can go viral. Netizens' curiosity lately is indeed high. If there is something that makes it viral then you can use it to create content.
However, you should pay attention that the trending topics have something in common with the topics reviewed on your site. But of course the content you create must be of quality by adding ideas or ideas from your point of view.
7. Email MarketingHave you ever received a promotional email from a brand? This is one example of email marketing . Although classified as annoying for the recipient, but email marketing is proven to bring traffic.
You can create an email registration form so that your audience can leave their email address. After that you can do marketing via email. Those who are willing to leave an email address are people who have become interested in your site or business.
Therefore you can follow up with them by sending marketing emails. When they are satisfied with the content you provide, they are more likely to return to your site or other content.
8. Implementing digital marketingDigital marketing does have various goals in the business aspect. But one of the main goals is to increase traffic traffic visits.
There are many strategies that you can use in digital marketing, for example PPC Ads, Social Media, email marketing that we described above, and others.
9. Share content to social media
Apart from creating quality content, you also have to share the content so people know about it. You can also share the content on various social media.
If your content is of high quality, surely many audiences will visit your website. However, you should not spam on social media. Create a structured posting schedule
10. Sign up for Facebook AdsWho doesn't have a Facebook account? Almost everyone has a FB account from the young to the old. Internet marketers think that FB is a platform that is able to provide the highest advertising ROI.
Organic Website TrafficSearch engines like Google, Yahoo, Yandex and others are a source of traffic for webmasters or website owners. This also applies to social media such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and others.
However, the traffic generated by search engines is more quality and sustainable. Therefore you should do the following to increase website traffic:
- Conduct keyword and competitor research
Writing what you like is good and can affect the quality of the content. But writing content without research is also not good, even if you have a good idea.
By doing keyword research, you can get keywords that are often searched by audiences on search engines. There are various keyword tools that you can use. Choose keywords with high search volume.
In addition to doing keyword research, you also have to do research on competitors to win search rankings. From this research you can get important information such as backlinks, targeted keywords, domain quality to the quality of organic traffic.
- Using LSIWith the help of the keyword tool above, it can indeed give an idea of the keywords that are used the most by the audience. But often the keyword tool only provides limited and rigid keyword variations.
Even though not all audiences search for the topic according to the existing keywords. Audiences use a variety of keywords to search for the same topic. Then you need to add a more human variation of the keyword.
How to use LSI . Each LSI must also have a search volume. So that the total search can increase from keywords and from LSI.
For example, the keyword is "how to apply for a job", then the LSI used can be "how to apply for a job to be accepted" or "how to get a job fast".
3. Target long tail keywordsKeywords are divided into two, namely short tail and long tail keywords. Short tail consists of 1-2 words for example ''wordpress plugin''. While the long tail consists of more than 2 words, for example ''how to install a wordpress plugin''.
Short tail keywords mostly have a high search volume. The competition is also high. However, it is different from the long tail where the search volume is low and the competition is also low.
So the possibility to get the search is higher by using long tail.
4. Insert internal linksInternal links are also an effective way to increase site traffic. Internal linking is linking one page to another page on the same site.
However, you can only use content with context or related topics. So that readers can find information that is relevant to the topic they are reading.
The duration of the reader will also increase because they are still browsing your site compared to browsing competitors' sites.
For example, if you have ''online business'' content, then you can provide internal links to ''online business ideas''. Google uses internal as well as external links to judge whether a page is quality or not.
The more internal links, Google will consider the page to be of higher quality and rank well.
5. Improve link buildingLink building is an attempt to increase backlinks that point to your site. The more you receive backlinks from other sites, the better your site will be in the eyes of Google.
So that Google will give a higher position or rank on the search page. If you manage to rank high on search engines, the more audience will click on your content.
6. Guest bloggingGuest blogging is a strategy to increase traffic by writing content that will later be published on other people's blogs or online media.
This strategy goes both ways. This means you can publish your content on the web or online media.
And vice versa, other people can publish their content on your website or online media. But you also need to implement a strategy, namely choosing online media or websites that have higher traffic.
In addition, you also have to create quality content. And don't let you link too many links because it can be considered spamming.
7. Maximizing On Page and Off Page SEOAs we explained above that organic traffic is the biggest source of website traffic. Therefore you must apply SEO techniques as well as possible.
There are two types of SEO, namely On-Page and Off-Page SEO. Both of which are very important to optimize.
SEO friendly content is human friendly content. Even if you apply SEO techniques, you can still create content that is easy for people to understand.
8. Provide complete informationHow long are your articles? Is it 300, 500, 600 or more than 1,000 words? Writing quality content is important, but you also have to pay attention to the number of words you write.
It turns out that the length of the article is also one of Google's assessments. Longer articles are considered to have complete information and provide the answers the audience is looking for.
But do not let your articles are not of high quality. The quantity and quality of content must be balanced.
9. Increase site speedThe convenience of visitors is one thing that Google wants to provide. One aspect that makes visitors comfortable is the speed of site access.
The faster the site, the more satisfied the audience will be to visit your site. Surely you are annoyed when you access a slow site? Therefore pay attention to the speed of site loading.
There are many ways that can be used to increase the speed for example with a CDN.
10. Create a mobile friendly siteIt turns out that 50% more audiences who search for information or surf the virtual world use mobile devices, the rest use PCs, laptops and other devices.
Therefore, you must create a mobile friendly site. Then what kind of display is mobile friendly?
A mobile friendly display should provide a display that automatically adjusts to the size of the device. So that visitors do not bother to slide the display by pinching the screen.
If you already understand how to increase website traffic, then the next step is to practice it one by one. Please note that efforts to increase traffic can not be done overnight.
You need to have a strong determination in running the above business. But don't forget that no matter how well you do the above technique, it won't work if the content you create is not of high quality. So keep the number one quality of content, yes.